It is important to respect other cultures and be aware of their communication cues. An example of this would be the Chinese culture. They rely more on expressions and and posture and are indirect when they communicate. What seems of the norm to one culture, may not be the case for the other. When I go on vacation to a different country, I try and do some research for things to avoid there, and positive things to do!
My first college class was English, and there was a student from Russia starting her first year of college as well as a transfer. She spoke very little english so had a difficult time trying to communicate with the classmates. We were having a group project and to try explain things, we would use google translate. At one point, after we were somewhat on the same page, I made an ok sign and her facial expression changed for a moment. I did some research after and discovered it's considered a rude gesture. I then realized the importance of being considerate with other cultures and how they may have different meanings. It is important to be active listening and show others we care about their feelings and what they saying.
Mclean, S. (2018). Exploring Interpersonal Communication. Hard Copy Book.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25