1500 word evidence based writing:
The review of evidence assignment requires you to review the video or transcript of a preventable death true story, comparing, analysing and reflecting on the scenario leading to a preventable death and what could have been done differently, when compared to current best practice evidence and highlight the best processes to follow as a registered nurse.
Matt was a 16 year-old who died following a simple appendectomy, the following video is Matt's story told by his mother Heather and Karyn Bousfield, Director of Nursing, West Coast DHB.
Examining best practice evidence, explain what ‘Don’t normalise the abnormal’ means and using the A-E systematic approach, review the video and identify the A-E “reg flag” signs of deterioration that were mentioned and how these symptoms were normalised.
As the ward nurse looking after Matt on the night shift, highlight the importance of ‘documentation’ and provide an explanation about the nursing care requirements you would have implemented overnight, including when you would have asked for a clinical review and why?
Examine what ‘critical thinking’ is for a nurse and using best practice evidence, explain how Matt’s deterioration and respiratory arrest could have been prevented from a nursing perspective if critical thinking skills had been utilised.
As an almost registered nurse, reflect on what ‘Speaking Up’ means as a nurse, in the given situation and in Australia what processes and supports could you utilise, if you are concerned about a deteriorating patient.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25