When conducting a literature review on a given topic, researchers look for places where the articles overlap and converge.
THEMES IN THE LITERATURE
When conducting a literature review on a given topic, researchers look for places where the articles overlap and converge. Perhaps several studies focus on the same segment of the population or garnered similar results on a practice approach. These areas of overlap then become the themes you will address in your literature review. These themes can even provide the topical structure for the review itself, becoming headings to organize your written analysis. The first step after you have gathered your articles, then, is to re-read the articles and jot down main themes and subthemes you see emerging. What do you notice?
For this Assignment, you begin to craft your literature review by developing an initial outline, based on themes you have drawn from the studies.
Be sure to review the Learning Resources before completing this activity. Click the weekly resources link to access the resources.
· Review the Learning Resources on identifying themes in the literature and on creating an annotated outline.
· Revisit the six peer-reviewed research articles you have gathered on your topic.
· While reading, determine common themes and subthemes across at least four of the articles. Use these themes to organize an outline for the literature review you will submit next week.
BY DAY 7
Submit a 1-page annotated outline that includes thematic headings you have drawn from the literature on your topic. The outline must include at least four of the peer-reviewed research articles you found. Make sure to include appropriate APA citations and a reference list.
· Yegidis, B. L., Weinbach, R. W., & Myers, L. L. (2018). Research methods for social workers (8th ed.). Pearson.
· Chapter 4: Conducting the Literature Review and Developing Research Hypotheses (pp. 71–99)
· This week, read pages 71–85.
· Philbrook, J. (2017, March 13). Literature review essentials: Identify themesLinks to an external site. . Walden University Writing Center. https://waldenwritingcenter.blogspot.com/2017/03/literature-review-essentials-identify.html
· Walden University Writing Center. (n.d.). Writing a paper: OutliningLinks to an external site. . https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/writingprocess/outlining
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25