Congratulations on making it past the halfway point in the class. This weeks content is such a good discussion. I believe that in a normal setting it isn't spoken about much unless you are in company that you know shares your same ideals so I think it will be fascinating to see everybody's posts. Nelson Pike had an excellent article on the topic but I am going to talk about where he talks on God's knowledge of the future. Pike writes "The doctrine of God's knowing everything from eternity is very obscure. One particularly difficult question concerning this doctrine is whether it entails that with respect to everything that was, is, or will be the case, God knew in advance that it would be the case" (Pike, 1965). This is an age old question that just about every believer has asked I would assume. I know for me I have personally asked many pastors this questions. In times of mourning it seems to be the first thing that pops into my head. I think "How could God let this happen"? While I don't think it has an obvious answer I do believe that there are some things about God that we will never understand. This statement also brings up the point to challenge free will because if God is all knowing and controls each event than man does not have free will even though it may feel like it. This is another tricky situation as I believe I wake up each day and choose to do what I want. However, if this is all planned out ahead of time does that mean I am just following the plan? This article has brought up some excellent thoughts that I can't wait to go into with you all. Have a great week 5!
Pike, N. (1965). Divine Omniscience and Voluntary Action. The Philosophical Review, 74(1), 27–46. https://doi.org/10.2307/2183529
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25