Meets Course Objectives 1,3, 4, 5, 6Click here here – Alternative Formats for example memos, emails, and letters. Use these formats (not necessarily the same fonts) when creating your writing assignments.Approximate time to complete writing assignments below: 2-3 hoursPortfolios are a series of tasks or communications compiled into one file. Please complete the following assignments in the exact order listed. Each Microsoft word document should be on a single page to show proper formatting and submitted in ONE document/file. Name the file JonesM-WritingAssignments-Week One [Replace "Jones" with your name and place the initial from your first name immediately following.] Click on title "Week 1 Writing Assignments" to attach your two documents, the Word file with items 1,2,4, and 5 AND the PowerPoint. (The PowerPoint should be attached in the same submission.)This week, you will be asked to put together a series of written communication that focuses on positive messaging for a variety of audiences. You will write a(n)
*These assignments will be revised during later weeks and must be included in the Final e-Portfolio1. Write an email encouraging employees to follow the basic criteria for effective messaging. (LO 1-5) As director of communications of a large corporation, you have been tasked with reminding employees about best practices for effective messaging. Lately, there have been complaints about emails being too long, not containing necessary information and sometimes the tone is inappropriate, either condescending or too informal. After reading Chapter 1, write an email to all employees sharing ways to improve their communication skills. Be aware of tone. The goal is to encourage not to reprimand.2. Evaluating You-AttitudeRevise the following messages to reflect a You-Attitude emphasis. Eliminate any awkward phrasing. In some cases, you may need to add information to revise the sentence effectively.
3. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation on Diversity and Using Inclusive Language (LO 2-5)As vice president for human resources, you have been asked to prepare a short presentation (5-7 slides) on diversity and the use of inclusive language. After reading pp 42 – 47 and reviewing the following resources, create a presentation that addresses the recommended inclusive language when addressing race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability in writing and speech. Include at least 1-2 comparisons of incorrect and correct usage. The presentation should include visuals; be sure they reflect inclusively and contain Alt Text (alternate text for the people with vision impairment).Inclusive language | 18F Content Guide (us.gov site)Inclusive Language Guidelines (APA.org) (APA site)4. Write Interview Questions Interview Questions: Importance of Written Communications in Your Field.For this assignment, you will explore the importance of written communication in the workplace by interviewing a professional in your field of study. This is NOT a mock interview. You must interview a person that represents a true "professional" to you. You may ask an employer or supervisor, a former professor, a mentor, or someone on your campus. Do NOT interview a family member or your instructor for this class. You may interview the person on the phone, via email, or in person.You must ask a total of FIVE questions including the three listed below and two of your own devising. Include a reflection (250 words) on what you learned from the interview and how it will help you in the future.Format this assignment as follows:Interviewee Name:Position:Company:Question 1: How important is writing and communication in their professional world?Response:Question 2: What best practices Do you use when writing professionally?Response: Question 3: What are the most common errors they see in tone, language, and email writing?Response:Question 4: Include Your Question HereResponse:Question 5: Include Your Question HereResponse:
Reflection: Remember to include your reflection (250 words) on what you learned from the interview and how it will help you in the future.5. Create a Professional StatementA Professional Philosophy Statement, sometimes referred to as a work statement. is a valuable document to include with an application or portfolio; it is also helpful preparation for interview questions. This statement will be included as part of your final e-Portfolio. Your Professional Philosophy Statement should be 250-500 words.As you consider what to include in your statement, keep in mind the things that employers find valuable: organization, resourcefulness, work ethic, creativity, motivation, perseverance, adaptability, strong written and verbal communication, and emotional intelligence.Do not simply detail your work experience; that is what your resume is for. Instead, the Professional Philosophy Statement should encapsulate your personal perspective or approach to work—of any kind. What do you believe in? What do you bring to the workplace? What is unique to you? What will you do to help you, the company, and your colleagues succeed?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25